Every house owner knows the importance of plumbers in keeping their drainage free clogs and pipes from leaking. Many people will think that plumbers or plumbing is a modern invention but its not true. Many civilizations earlier before present one had complex systems of drains and pipes to keep the water running. So, if you are keen on knowing more interesting facts about plumbing then keep on reading at plumbersnaplesflorida.com
Historical facts about plumbing
- Earliest form of plumbing can be easily traced back to more than 3000 BC old Indus valley civilization. From transporting waste and water, they used earthen pipes.
- World famous physicist Albert Einstein once said that his second career choice was of being a plumber.
- You spend total of three years of your life while sitting on a toilet seat.
- Egyptians used copper for laying pipes used for plumbing.
- The word plumbing has its origin in Latin from the word “plumbum”. Once pipes used in plumbing were made from lead and the meaning of this Latin word is also lead.
- Flushable toilets were invented in 1596 by John Harington for Queen Elizabeth I. But the first patent was granted in 1775 to Alexander Cummings.
- A dripping faucet’s average water waste can be around 180 gallons each month or around 2160 gallons per year.
- More than 38% of housel hold water use is in toilet flushing. Therefore, by using a toilet of low flush you can save around 18000 gallons per year of water.
- If you want to see some technologically advanced toilet seats and flush than head over to Japan. There you can find voice activated flush and many other things like seat heaters, deodorizers, etc fitted in toilet seat.
These were some of the facts about plumbing that most of the people didn’t knew about. If you want you can learn more about history of plumbing by doing online search.